Are you …
Just starting out and investigating a plant-based diet to help you lose weight?
Taking steps towards becoming a vegan for health reasons?
Or trying to bring the whole vegan lifestyle and ethical concerns together for yourself?
Whatever reason brought you to The Vegan Reset, you’ll find support and information here that will help you move forward towards your goals.
I’m Evelyne, a vegetarian of 8 years and vegan for 2. I am passionate about cooking healthy plant-based meals for friends and family, exercise that is fun, and making it all work to keep me healthy. I want The Vegan Reset to help you do the same.
I began my personal reset in August of 2015 when I started a weight loss program and lost almost 100 lbs. After a few weeks of meal replacements, we transitioned to food, learning how to manage a healthy diet and implementing lifestyle habits to make the changes permanent. I took the opportunity to go from vegetarian to vegan and I’ve never looked back since.
Weight maintenance will always be an ongoing project but I’m confident that, with the tools I’ve acquired and the new healthy habits that are a part of my life, I can do it and stay sane!
Am I perfect? Heck, no! I have times when I overindulge, especially on vacations. I’m human and I have the same weaknesses as everyone else. But I know how to get control back quickly and go right back to the healthy habits that have me feeling trim and healthy!
If you accept that obesity is a disease (and the American Medical Association does), then I will always be a person with an obesity problem. It is a disease that needs to be managed, but it can be managed with joy and confidence.
Becoming vegan led me to attend culinary school at Rouxbe.com’s Plant-Based Certification course, followed by Essential Vegan Desserts. Despite having a large family (9 kids), I felt that my kitchen skills could use some perfecting and I wanted to learn about how to balance a healthy vegan diet. I got all that and more!
Although I’m capable of making fancy Boss-Coming-To-Dinner-Saturday type of dishes, I am refocusing The Vegan Reset’s approach to recipes. I think most of us have busy days and no time or energy to cook complicated recipes. So I’m creating and sharing simple weeknight recipes that can be put together in minutes and with a minimum of ingredients. There will be some fancier dishes, but feel free to save those for the weekends.
Ready to get started? Here are some great articles to check out:
- 4 Life-Changing Reasons To Be Vegan Learn more about why a plant-based diet is so important for your health.
- What is the best way to set goals that you will reach? Start with Setting Goals – SMART Habits to Keep the Weight Off Forever. Then follow the links for the five-part SMART process of setting and reaching goals.
- Looking for a hearty and delicious meal to serve your family? Check out my recipe for Red Lentil Coconut Stew.
- Having the right tools for the job is key to a successful result. Need to get some kitchen basics to make cooking fun and easy? See The 20 Kitchen Tools I Can’t Live Without.
I’m hard at work, creating new recipes for you, so check in often. Better yet, subscribe to receive newsletter updates (you’ll find it on the sidebar to your right) and I’ll always keep you up to date on what’s new.
By subscribing, you’ll also get your password to my private Resource Library, filled with things like:
- The Set Yourself Up for Weight Loss Success guide
- The Smart Goal Setting Worksheet
- How to Create a Home Gym for Less than $100
- Your Healthy Seasonal Produce Chart
- Daily Body Tracking Worksheet
I’m adding new exclusive content all the time to help you develop long-term healthy habits and make it easier to reach your goals! So sign up and let’s get started!
The journey from fat to fit starts with taking your first step towards a healthier future.